Monday, January 22, 2018

From our Euro MP


Rory Palmer MEP has now served 100 days as our latest East Midlands MEP. Members here in Lutterworth and Blaby will remember the amount of canvassing Rory did during Amanda's General Election campaign in 2015.



Rory says:

"I made my maiden speech in the European Parliament on the important issue of mental health and tackling stigma. This will be a key area of my work in the coming months and I am pleased to be part of the Mental Health Europe Coalition in the European Parliament.


"I've been appointed to the Parliament's Environment, Health & Food Safety Committee where I lead for Labour on health policy. I am doing a lot of work on the health and NHS implications of Brexit."


[CLICK HERE to read Rory's article for the New Statesman on the damage done by the loss of the European Medicines Agency from London.]

Rory continues:

"I'm a member of the Employment & Social Affairs Committee where I am leading for the Social Group in the Parliament on two reports - one on gender equality in the media, and another on supporting people back to work from illness and injury.


"Before becoming an MEP I was supporting the TUC's Dying to Work campaign which aims to secure stronger employment rights for people with a terminal illness. I am now leading this campaign in the European Parliament and have set up a new MEP group to take this important campaign forward at EU level.


"On my first day as an MEP I launched my #ErasmusFuture campaign to keep the UK in Erasmus. I want young people from our region and across the country to benefit from these opportunities in the future."


[CLICK HERE to read an article by Rory on Erasmus. CLICK HERE to sign Rory's petition.]





1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete