Saturday, September 15, 2012

Those were the days...

I was sorting through the old rubbish and chucking out---

Sorry.  Start again.  I was cataloguing the archive and came across this priceless relic.  Yes, it's the Branch's first-ever newsletter dating from 1984BB (Before Bach). 

Graphics have come on somewhat since those days but our guest speakers certainly haven't.  What's that middle box on the right of the front page say?  And the central box on the back?  I'm going to make you read the transcript I have provided on a separate page [use the navigation on the top right of the blog].  And whatever you do, don't tell anyone!

In general terms, it's remarkable how little has changed politically.  I could Tweet the quote on taxes today and nobody would ever dream it's 28 years old.

Whatever happened to the Stan Brown Memorial Evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment